23 October 2022 - 29 October 2022
Pierre-Alain Cherix (UNIGE), Shaula Fiorelli (UNIGE), Joana Mailler (UNIGE), Elise Raphael (UNIGE) Event page & registration
The conference targeting outreach actors will be followed by the math fair Math’émerveille on Saturday October 29th, open to everyone from 11am to 6pm at Maison des Congrès, les Diablerets. For more information on the week of conference, please use the link above.
We propose a conference on outreach bringing together its different actors and its different aspects. The program will be divided into three parts:
- Outreach actors: who does outreach ? : On the occasion of this conference, various actors of outreach, YouTubers, researchers, science center managers, will come to talk about their profession and their methods.
- The outreach, what’s that all about ? : Through talks and working sessions, participants will be able to familiarize themselves with research in outreach which is in its beginning. We will start by understanding how a theoretical reflection on practices can change the way we present concepts, and then we will think about which theoretical frameworks to put in place to analyze our practices;
- Getting hands-on : Participants will be invited to experience outreach as learners during some workshops. Material will also be available on an ongoing basis so that participants can experience it whenever they wish. In addition, there will be work sessions specifically dedicated to the creation of new activities.
- Aurélien Alvarez (ENS Lyon)
- Maria Dedò (formerly University of Milan)
- Cindy Lawrence (MoMath)
- Andreas Matt (IMAGINARY)
- Olga Paris-Romaskevich (CNRS & University of Aix-Marseille)
- Hugo Parlier (University of Luxembourg) & Paul Turner (University of Geneva)
- Erika Roldan (EPFL & Technische Universität München)
The last day, a math fair for general public will present the activities resulting from the workshops and a lot more. More information (in French)
SwissMAP Research Station, Les Diablerets, Switzerland